Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Temple visit



I love this picture of the temple I took this last Saturday. You really can't see much of the temple but I just love the picture so much! I really enjoyed the temple trip. It was an extremely hot day in San Antonio. It was a whopping 106 degrees outside. Thankfully the temple is surrounded by beautiful oak trees that give a beautiful shade. I had some time after I did some initiatory ordinances to go outside for a bit and walk around the temple. I had never had the opportunity before to do that so I was gratefully I had an hour before the endowment session began to walk around the temple grounds.


It was so peaceful to walk around the temple. There was a couple that had just gotten married so I witnessed them taking pictures with their wedding party outside the temple doors. They looked so radiant and happy! Yes,I have come to realize that is my next step. I just need to find out who I am going to marry. :P My good friends Kye and Kate are getting married later this week in Salt Lake City. I am so happy for them and of course a little sad that I won't be there for their very special day.


The session I went through was amazing. I felt the Spirit so strongly like never before. This was my third time at the temple going through a session. I felt like I was in a really familiar place though. I loved every moment of it. Of course I love the celestial room in the temple. That is where I feel the Spirit of God the strongest.


The night before I couldn't fall asleep so on the way back I was having a hard time staying awake so I am sure I fell asleep for a bit. I was so tired. I didn't get home until later at night around 8pm. I went straight to bed.


Well I have officially changed my membership records to the Young Single Adult branch in my stake. Sunday was my second time there. It will take some time getting used to it. It felt good to be there. For the first time in a long time I felt like I was at Church for myself and also enjoyed it. The branch president was happy to hear that I was transferring my records to his branch.


Overall an amazing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment