Sunday, September 15, 2013

That they may witness unto thee

One of the things that I like the most about being a member of the YSA branch is that there are many opportunities to serve. Today I was approached by the elders quorum president to help him bless the sacrament. It had been a while since I had blessed the sacrament and I was a bit nervous. He asked me to break and bless the bread. As the sacrament hymn started I stood and started breaking the bread. A melancholic feeling came over me as I broke the bread into small pieces. The deep symbolism of what I was doing came into my mind. The perfect body of Christ was broken for me. Today as I broke the bread I realized that I was directly responsible for the breaking of his body. His suffering was directly caused because of me just as in the same way that I broke his body today. As I finished I could barely contain my tears but I kept calm as I read the sacrament prayer. It is a beautiful prayer when read out loud. The promises that both God and we make are beautiful. It was a great blessing for me to be able to administer in the sacrament today.

Thanks for reading!
- Aurelio

No comments:

Post a Comment